Sunday, August 07, 2005

New Spec, New Hopes

Sorry I've been so remiss in keeping my blog up, but July was busy between my tummy and life and August promises to be more of the same.

I wish I could say my tummy was on the mend, but I have to play it day by day. It seems to have become a routine. I may have a day or two of peace, but then something kicks it back into high gear.

So I'm still home, hoping that time, fiber and Paxil will give me long lasting relief. Paxil, for some odd reason, seems to help with IBS sufferers. My doctor says it has something to do with Serontin but it's Greek to me.

Meanwhile, life goes on even when we don't want it to.

Nina and I are waiting for her agent's reaction to MADAM MOM before we decide how to proceed, Matt and I are still tweaking FIELD TRIP and in a day or so Brett and I hope to have a meshed version of CHASING THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH (still working on the title, sigh).

And this weekend I started a suspense horror thriller, of all things. A tad out of my league, but I figure I'll run with it until I run out of gas. Horror is one of my favorite genres, so if I'm going to do anything in it, I want it to be special like THE EYE, not pedestrian like THE CRAWLING EYE (and to think that movie scared the shitzola out of my brother and I).

I'm really proud of CHASING. I've done several collaborations, and I can honestly say that this has been the best by far. Thus far, Brett has exceeded my expectations (while I probably underwhelmed him). His passion and creativity bowled me over, and I've not had a moment's regret since, even though we lost the dog in the final scene.

Collaboration is like sex. When it's with the right partner, it's heaven on earth, and when it's not.....you can fill in the blank.

No comments: