Saturday, May 24, 2008

Unforgiveable



I don't often get on my political soapbox, but recent events have forced me to.

Let me be blunt: initially, I supported Hillary Clinton in her Presidential quest. However, in this long and bitter campaign, she lost my vote a long time ago. Now, after her remarks regarding RFK and his awful death, it only reinforces my decision.

I have tried, for the life of me, to understand why she would say such a thing. I just don't. And her "non-apology" is even worse.

Don't get me started on RFK. I loved him. I will never forget the day he died. My beloved grandmother was inconsolable. She loved RFK and the Kennedy family just as much as I did.

For Hillary to even think such a thing, that's bad enough.

But to say it.

I wish she would resign as my Senator and just quietly go away. I love the Big Dog, he was a great President, and while the thought of him being the First Man is delicious, this recent "gaffe" is too, too much.

My mother said it best: Hillary has dug her own grave. Now let her lie in it.

No comments: