Monday, July 21, 2008

Hot Hot Hot



New York is in the middle of a sweltering heat wave. We haven't had a good dousing rain in weeks, and we are sorely overdue. In this kind of heat, you barely have the energy to go into the pool, as cooling as it is.

I'm plugging away on my Christmas script, slowly but surely (yeah, the heat affects me too). Am waiting to hear back on several projects, but you know how these things go...hurry up and wait. Actually, I'm anxious to get going on some other scripts that have been gestating, so the sooner I get VANILLA SPICE outta my head the better.

In the meantime, MONK had its premiere eppy this past Friday, and to say I was underwhelmed is putting it mildly. I love MONK, I adore Ted Levine, so I really had high hopes for this eppy, but the writers went in another direction than what I had anticipated. Don't you hate when that happens? But hey, what do I know, I'm just a semi-professional who makes a living writing teen beat articles and fortune cookie sayings. (I am a Capricorn. I never forget).

And in case you were wondering, and even if you weren't, still waiting on the tweaked contract. Shouldn't be too long (keeping all body parts crossed).

No comments: