Friday, May 01, 2009

Another Great Actor




Okay, so my love, lust and appreciation for the wonder that Ted Levine is well known, but there are other actors who are equally deserving of my admiration and respect such as the great David Straithairn.

Like Ted, you've probably seen David in dozens of movies and didn't recognize him due to his skill and dexterity in immersing himself in his roles: EIGHT MEN OUT, THE RIVER WILD, THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM, LA CONFIDENTIAL, and perhaps my favorite of all, SNEAKERS. Equally adept in drama and comedy, David is, like Ted, an "actor's actor". His Oscar nomination for GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK was richly deserved.

I have never seen David give a bad performance. That's the highest compliment I can pay. Plus, he's easy on the eyes, let's not forget that.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Check him out in the adaptation of Neil Simon's Lost in Yonkers. His performance, while brief, is really quite heartbreaking.

Also his Edward R. Murrow performance was simply astonishing.

Great blog you have here! I'll be a regular 'round these parts, to be sure!