Monday, December 26, 2005

Cat in a Christmas Tree

The cats were pretty good at first, but now Mozart has learned that climbing the tree and pawing at the ornaments and bows is more fun than chasing his tail. So far we've lost four ornaments and I shudder to think what we're going to find when we take the damn thing down. And he just doesn't climb the thing, he sits in it and sticks his head out like a monkey. Stephanie says there should be a way of wiring the tree so he gets an electric shock.

After a tumultous two weeks, filming on CHRISTMAS went on hiatus and hopefully the director will pick it up again sometime in January.

In the meantime, I'm busy writing, what else. I'm between and betwixt this script and that, and my co-writer in California is working on a "vomit draft" of our thriller SNOWBLIND. Just before Christmas, I hooked up with a LA manager who wants to bring my rom com ORACLE OF ORCHARD STREET to her contacts. She loved the script and called it a mix of MOONSTRUCK and MBFGW, so I have high hopes that something good will come of it. That was a nice little Christmas present!

2 comments:

Scott the Reader said...

When I was growing up, we had a cat that apparently had a taste for tinsel. The tip-off being that there would be times when it would have tinsel trailing out of its butt as it prowled around the house.

Festive.

MaryAn Batchellor said...

Well done, P.J. Good luck on all. I should email you a pic of my heavily pregnant cat sleeping in the middle branches of our Christmas tree. I don't know how she managed it but she never disrupted a single ornament.