Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hanging On



Doing my usual thing, besides loafing, and not even much of that (loafing).

Still working on the Christmas script. After some bumps in the road, it seems to have settled down into semi-coherent treacle. I'm not used to grinding stuff out, so this has felt like an extended labor.

And while I've been working on the Christmas script (and not feeling very Christmassy, maybe I should play "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer"), I'm doing other stuff like reading scripts, jotting down ideas, and misc. which falls under the umbrella of life.

Am still waiting for the shoe to drop on the John Edwards scandal. Whatever it is, you know it has to be a biggie. Why are his minions still ferrying Rielle Hunter around from one manse to the other and paying her expenses if it's over and done with? What does she know that's even more damaging than their affair and the baby?
The mind reels.

As if anyone cares I've been very disappointed with MONK, am biting my tongue until the halfway mark. I've been scolded on the USA Network Board for being a "critic" and not a fan. Horrors! But that's another blog.

Come to think of it, I haven't been feeling PROJECT RUNWAY either; this season's challenges haven't been very challenging and the design divas haven't been very divalicious. Maybe the switcheroo to another network will give it some new blood. SHEAR GENIUS is limping along to the finale but I am looking forward to the Tabitha spin-off.

Other than that, it's been the same old same old. And rejection. Always plenty of that.

1 comment:

Scott said...

PJ,

Have read through your recent Edwards' screeds. I feel your pain. My family attended his campaign kick-off appearance in Chapel Hill last year. The whole thing is extremely dispiriting.

So it's a good thing you've got your Christmas script on which to focus!

Best of luck with the writing!

Scott