Saturday, November 22, 2008

Monk's Final Season




Yes, it's true. By "mutual termination", MONK is going the way of the dodo next year, for a final 8th season. Yes, it will live on in syndication, but no more original episodes.

Honestly, I can't say that I'm heartbroken. The first half of MONK's seventh season has been uneven, to say the least. I'd prefer that MONK go out in a blaze of glory rather than just wither on the vine.

And now, having seen my beloved Teddy in WONDERLAND (the TV show), I realize just how under utilized he is in MONK. "Dr. Robert Banger" was a great role for him, he really sunk his acting chops into that.

Eight seasons is a long time in TV land, a long time for the writers to keep their batteries charged, and for the actors, it's a challenge to keep it fresh.

So while I will miss MONK...I'll always have TL.

No comments: