Wednesday, April 09, 2008

There I Go Again

I'm out taking my daily walk, cane (big wood stick) in hand, feeling like Gandalf, breathing in the fresh air, listening to the birds sing, and it happened again.

I came up with an idea for a script...which is getting to be a very bad habit.

I have more ideas than I know what to do with, and more scripts in different stages than I know what to do with, and this year I've been going full tilt boogie.

Anyway, the title HARDSCRABBLE popped into my head, then I got an image of a woman being abused by her husband. Of course, it didn't stop there. Within minutes I had filled in the back story, characters, plot and all the other good stuff.

Apart from enjoying the script format, I like it because I can do it quickly, versus a book which can take longer (the last book I attempted took me two and a half years to complete. It needed a rewrite, I got hooked on screenwriting, and I never went back to it).

Yes, eventually I'd like to get back to novels, but when? And for which project? This one? How will I know?

Damn, sometimes I hate being a writer.

No comments: