Thursday, January 08, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different



I am very happy to get feedback and comments on my blog, but I must admit, I was taken a bit aback to receive a note from "Anonymous" that "for a writer, I didn't write that much" on my blog. Too many You Tube videos.

When I told this to my hubby, he laughed and opined that whoever said this didn't know me very well.

I am always writing. Even when I'm not at my computer, I'm writing.

I've always thought of my blog as my scratch pad, where I can write and share what moves me. Artists like Natalie MacMaster and Fleetwood Mac. I don't post these videos to fill up band with. This is the stuff that flows through my veins, fuels my creativity.

On this blog, I've written about my highs and lows, the disappointments. True, there's a lot of personal crap I haven't written about, mainly because I believe that there are some subjects that should remain private. There are some days I wonder why I even get up to take a shower; other days, I can't wait to jump in the shower.

I've written on lots of other subjects too, like politics, fame, fortune, gossip, movies, TV, my obsession with Ted Levine. But I can understand why some people want a blog to be, you know...a blog.

So how about this for a 2008 resolution: more writing, as if I'm not writing enough. More essays on movies. And more of myself, even when it hurts.

Cos after all, in addition to everything else, I'm a writer, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi PJ

The first place people check out is Google. So you might as well have a great calling card called your blog.

You should spruce up your blog design as well. Choose another template. Let’s see a fresh colour and modern design for the start of 2009.

Freshness-Freshness-Freshness

I think 2009 will be huge for you. Out with the old and in with the new.

Treat your blog as your business card and it could pay dividends.