Sunday, January 18, 2009

That Time Again



Must stop...looking at...Ted Levine. Must...stop...

Because I have started a new script. In fact, two. But if I stop to stare into those dreamy blue eyes, I'm lost...and if I'd rather dream about my Teddy Bear, it means I'm losing steam on the scripts.

Let's face it, writing a script takes work. Lots of it, along with discipline and passion and enthusiasm. Every time I write FADE IN, I worry. Will this premise carry me to 110 pages and beyond, numerous rewrites, including championing my vision through the long night of the Valley of No?

I'm always afraid. Afraid I won't be able to finish. Fearful that what I'm writing is crap. Scared that it's a lost cause. It's like going to a well, and each time you draw some water, you're scared shitless that one day, the well will run dry. And when that happens, what next?

My hard drive is littered with the carcasses of half-completed scripts. It's not that I don't mean not to finish them. I always start out with the best of intentions. Usually something else takes over (usually another script idea). I tell myself that I'll return to those scripts one day...and hopefully I will.

That's my problem (if you can call it that) in a nutshell. I'm always coming up new ideas. I tell ya, it's a blessing and a curse.

1 comment:

marcoguarda said...

There must be one you are most emotionally connected to / involved into.


M.